From Andrew Lunny <alu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consistent implementation of the whitelist
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:42:08 GMT
+1 on protoyping/experimenting config.xml support

A couple things to note:

* for most platforms, config.xml does not map to a single file. On Android,
for example, AndroidManifest.xml, strings.xml and phonegap.xml are all
involved; on iOS, App-Info.plist, PhoneGap.plist and (for some preferences)
the xcodeproj itself are modified. But getting something prototyped would
allow these challenges to become clearer.

* the WebWorks SDK has some rim specific extensions, as the PhoneGap Build
style has some PhoneGap specific extensions (the splash element Fil
mentioned, for example). It's important to make sure these play nicely
together (hopefully XML namespaces are sufficient for this)

* @pmuellr: there is no good pure JS XML parser in Node; there are bindings
to libxml2, but we can't reasonably expect end-users to have the external
dependencies for that. I have been using -
https://github.com/racker/node-elementtree - but it lacks some features -
notably support for namespaces and the concept of a document (which affects
absolute XPath selectors)