From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova wiki at Apache
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 18:37:41 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I was really asking for was to just not have the "CMS" bits ("official
> web site") at all, just (internally) redirect to the wiki.  Seems like this
> is something most projects would actually want to do, so if no one's doing
> it, there must be a good reason (beside's Ross's note re: commiter vs
> non-committer access).

Apache infra only supports static files (plus a few carefully
controlled CGI scripts) on official project web sites, which is why a
wiki or another "active" CMS can't directly be used for this purpose.
There are a few reasons for this, security and performance (many
Apache project sites have pretty high visibility) not the least of
them.

Basically the options for the official project web site are the Apache
CMS or a static site generator like the ones mentioned by Brian.

PS. I added a minimal front page to the Apache CMS site we requested
in INFRA-4045 [1]. It should become live at
http://incubator.apache.org/callback/ as soon as the infra team flips
the publish switch. The site sources are in svn and can also be
accessed using the basic web UI at https://cms.apache.org/callback/.
See also the bookmarklet mentioned on that page.

BR,

Jukka Zitting