From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mentors pls review: Re: Status report time
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:31:29 GMT
Hi,

Nice and fast, Brian!

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> Currently, 11 of 19 committers work for Adobe Systems. We aim to
> balance this number with more committers from outside Adobe.

Instead of committers on the roster, I'd focus on those who are
actively committing. Looking at the logs I see people from both Adobe
and IBM actively pushing to our repositories on git-wip-us (6 and 4
active pushers respectively, if I count right).

The usual barrier for graduation is having at three independent active
committers (with everyone employed by the same company counted as just
one), so we're already pretty close. It would be great if we could get
a few people from outside IBM or Adobe to join the fun. For example,
what can we do to make it easier for the guys from Microsoft to start
contributing? And we have lots of other people chiming in on the lists
and the issue tracker. How can we help them become committers?

> * shipped 1.4 (NOTE: we aim to make 1.5 our first official apache release)
> * continued code migration to Cordova name
> * new Apache Cordova logo!
> * project web site design iteration
> * new automated build system code named 'coho'
> * Yohei Shimomae voted as committer
> * Steve Gill voted as committer

I'd add the already made progress on the IP review as an
accomplishment for January, we're already on our way towards that
target.

> Graduation concerns:
>
> * IP review (source headers, license metadata, etc.)

I'd change to:
* Complete the IP review (source headers, license metadata, etc.)

> * Continue to foster more community committers from outside Adobe Systems

I'd change to:
* Continue to foster more community committers

> * Ship an official Apache release

+1

BR,

Jukka Zitting