From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova wiki at Apache
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 15:17:39 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) Which wiki software do we want to use - moin-moin or confluence?

AFAIUI the ASF infra team hasn't been too happy with Confluence. If
Cordova wants to use Confluence, it would be great if we could find
someone who'd volunteer to help maintain the Confluence instance at
Apache.

> 3) Can we use the wiki as our "CMS" instead of the other CMS thing?

So far it has been possible to use a Confluence export as a project
web site, but due to the problems infra has had with that setup,
support for that option will likely stop by the end of this year.
There's no similar functionality in MoinMoin.

One possible setup that many Apache projects use is to have the
official web site contain only fairly static information (downloads,
pointers to mailing lists and other resources, etc.) and to keep
documentation and other more actively maintained information on a
wiki. The nice part of such a setup is that Apache policy requires
write access to the official web site to be limited to committers,
while a wiki can be configured to allow write access to anyone.

BR,

Jukka Zitting