incubator-callback-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jira issue for the s/callback/cordova/g change
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:58:01 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> +1 but... If we're not far off from graduating then I think we should
> wait. My understanding is that we need to do:
> [...]
> If the above is all we need to do to graduate (pending board approval or
> whatnot) then, I say we wait as we are not that far off from accomplishing
> it.

It's a bit more than that, see [1] for the full requirements. So far
we've focused mostly on the infrastructure migration as that blocks
much of the other progress, but as things are now falling into place
we can start looking at all the licensing and formatting details that
go into making an Apache release and to community aspects like
inviting new committers.

Most of what I've seen from the community so far looks very good (like
the way the renaming discussion was conducted and consensus gauged
with a vote) and the community already is pretty diverse, so I don't
expect too much trouble ahead. But even with that in mind I expect the
path to graduation to take months instead of week.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Mime
View raw message