From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commit and contribution workflows (Was: Cordova-Android now up-to-date in the ASF Git Repo)
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 17:56:44 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>>It would be great if the Cordova community came up with a wiki or web
>>page that outlines the recommended contribution workflow.
>
> Should we base this off the existing wiki articles floating around (the
> ones that the CouchDB folks started?) or start a new one? Any
> recommendations on this Jukka?

Such a page needs to contain Cordova-specific information (like which
repositories to use, any custom conventions to follow, etc.), but it
can certainly refer to and be based on existing work by other
projects.

Some good reference material and existing examples are:

* http://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html
* http://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html
* http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute
* http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-contribute.html
* http://poi.apache.org/guidelines.html

As you can see, each project has their own specific guidelines, but
the basic message is pretty much the same: welcome!, get the source
from here, take these things into considerations, here's how you
submit a change, etc.

BR,

Jukka Zitting