incubator-callback-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Attempting to fix upstream so we don't have to maintain our own history
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:42:15 GMT
Hey

After a few days of hacking, I have a partial fix for the bugs that we've
been facing on WebKit on Android sent up to the list:

https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/31870

The process I used for this involved both an ICLA and the steps that I
submitted here:

http://source.android.com/source/submit-patches.html

The AOSP uses gerrit, which is a nice code review tool that also handles
the Contributor Licence Agreement signing.  Basically, repo is a tool that
handles multiple git repositories, and allows shortcuts to git.  The main
delays involved upgrading my personal box to do this, and building a new
version of Android every time I wanted to test this feature.  I did testing
on a Nexus S as well as on the emulator, and I managed to fix this bug for
inline anchors.  There are still problems with it loading a file from
android_assets with a parameter in it, but I don't believe these to be an
issue with the platform/framework/base code in Android, but a separate
issue in the version of Chrome that Ice Cream Sandwich is running.

Honestly, I think that gerrit is the hawtness.  I'll definitely be looking
into that tool more in the future, since it does have the potential to
streamline certain issues.  However, we'll see how things go with their
project as far as code review goes. At the very least, this should at least
allow us to get our problems fixed a bit faster than just asking on a
Google forum, or complaining on Twitter.

Joe

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message