From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Update on CordovaView/CordovaActivity - Tests
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 00:56:03 GMT
Hey

We've got most of the functionality implemented in
CordovaView/CordovaActivity, and we're starting on tests.  Android tests
are somewhat complex for anything that uses Activities or Views, so we're
using Eclipse for the time being.  Does Apache have a wiki where we can put
testing information such as this?

Anyway, here's the projects needed for the tests:
https://github.com/infil00p/callback-android/tree/phonegapview - Source
https://github.com/infil00p/PhoneGap-CordovaTest - JUnit Tests
https://github.com/infil00p/PhoneGapView-Test - Test Cases that JUnit uses

We have three activities in the 3rd project that use the phonegap jar.
 These activities are what we use to test the different methods of loading
a PhoneGap application. This is required to test the delayed loadUrl method
for the splashscreen, although we haven't added the tests to it yet.  You
can use eclipse to add the PhoneGap project to the build path of
CordovaTest.

Anyway, have a look at the tests and the recent changes.  Please provide
feedback and feel free to look at it. Also, DroidGap.java is finally dead!
We've moved all the functionality across the four remaining classes that
handle this (CordovaActivity, CordovaView, CordovaClient and GapClient).
 Assuming that things are good, I can author a patch and send it up and/or
do a pull request.  Whatever our process looks like (which I'd assume is in
a wiki somewhere).

Joe