From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding permission / plugins.xml / whitelist stuff to docs
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 01:11:05 GMT
I think the whitelisting it should be part of the Getting started
guides for the platforms that support it. People definitely need to
know about it when they first setup their app.

These guys also document it in their developer guide.

http://developer.bada.com/help_2.0/index.jsp?topic=/com.osp.webappprogramming.help/html/dev_guide/security_policy/network_access_control.htm

http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets-access/#the-access-element

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 16:57, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> How should we go about doing this? From Peter's earlier scathing e-mail to
>> the list it sounds like at the very least it should be part of the
>> cordova-docs repo. Some kind of article about that as it is not an API
>> reference.
>>

> I don't have any suggestions about where to put it, but this information
> should definitely be in the "shipped" docs.  I know this issue has bugged
> me before - it's not API, so not in the shipped docs, but definitely stuff
> people need to know.
>

>> Given we are an Apache project now, I think it makes sense to move (or at
>> the least copy over) the stuff we currently have on the phonegap.comGetting Started
guides [2] into the cordova-docs repo. We do have a