From Bryce Curtis <curtis.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consistent implementation of the whitelist
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 23:00:24 GMT
Having a single file like config.xml is desirable.  I don't know how big it
ends up being to support all of the individual platform options - icons,
plugin mappings, etc., and how expensive it is to parse this file at
runtime before plugins can be loaded and inited.  The app startup time is
directly affected by the time it takes to load and run plugins like Device
and Connection.  At the least, it can be used at build time to gen one or
more runtime files - either due to platform requirements or for
optimizations.