From Bryce Curtis <curtis.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is navigator.app an API we want to support?
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:41:22 GMT
I don't suspect that window.close will cause a problem - but we have to
know how various js frameworks will react and do testing when hijacking.
 Also, we need to take a look at expected behavior either by spec or common
use.  We overrode history in 0.9.6 or 1.0 timeframe.  Regular PhoneGap apps
worked fine, but turns out that it broke jQuery (Since we don't use jQuery,
we found out via the forums).  So the intent is to determine if there are
any gotcha's for a particular solution.

There was discussion around integrating childbrowser in base, and loadUrl
morphed into that for Android.  Most of the code already existed in
DroidGap, so this was a simple extension to wrap the functionality.  This
is used to load urls in the PhoneGap webview plus launch in separate
browser, depending upon whitelist url, protocol, etc.

Users can register for backbutton events, however, the register event
method is hooked (phonegap.js.base) and actually calls App
overrideBackButton method.  If there's a web way to do this, then that's
great, but I'm not aware of anything on Android.

The Device.* methods that Drew mentioned are all deprecated and should be
removed.