From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Does anyone actually LIKE having JIRA emails sent to the -dev mailing list?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 17:26:59 GMT
On 6 January 2012 16:52, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone actually LIKE having JIRA emails sent to the -dev mailing list?
>  I find it ... noisy.  I've had to tweak some gmail filters to move the
> JIRA traffic to a different label.  Browsing through the other apache
> mailing lists, it appears some projects (25) use a separate issues mailing
> list for JIRA traffic.  That seems to make more sense to me, even if it
> means another mailing list to manage.

It really depends on how you use JIRA. The problem with having them on
a different list is that any discussion that happens there will be
missed to those not subscribed to that list. For those who are
subscribed there is no difference since the mails all come into your
inbox.

If JIRA is only used for reporting and tracking work on issues (i.e.
no discussion) then it's not so much of a problem to have separate
lists.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)