From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Mentors pls review: Re: Status report time
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:43:42 GMT
There has been a great deal of discussion on the general@incubator
list about what a board report should contain. The main takeaway is
that the IPMC wants to see evidence of a plan to move towards
graduation. I always point people towards the template at
http://community.apache.org/boardreport.html

There are also some notes on the incubator  at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html

Specifically the IPMC wants to see an indication of how close/far the
project is to graduation and, most importantly, what concrete steps
the project will be taking to address those issues.

One specific item that I think you should address here is the
diversity in the community. It's not clear to outsiders how diverse
the community is and whether there is a need to focus on this issue.

Finally I wouldn't say voting a committer in is a graduation concern.

Ross

On 31 January 2012 21:18, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> Cordova
>
> Apache Cordova is a platform for building native mobile applications
> using HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The project entered incubation as
> Apache Callback in October, 2011, before changing its name to Cordova.
>
> January could be characterized as the month where we hit our stride on
> Apache infra. Tonnes of updates to the code. Huge activity on the
> mailing list. Two new committers voted in.
>
> * shipped 1.4 (NOTE: we aim to make 1.5 our first official apache release)
> * continued code migration to Cordova name
> * new Apache Cordova logo!
> * project web site design iteration
> * new automated build system code named 'coho'
> * Yohei Shimomae voted as committer
> * Steve Gill voted as committer
>
> Graduation concerns:
>
> * Grant committership to Steve Gill
> * IP review (source headers, license metadata, etc.)
> * Ship an official Apache release

> Signed off by mentor: jukka, gianugo

Errr.... have those mentors signed it off or is this a cut an paste
issue from a previous report

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)