From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iPhone project in version 1.3
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 22:00:37 GMT
Hi Josh,
The www directory stuff is normal and expected. See FAQ item #1:
https://github.com/callback/callback-ios/blob/master/README.md

The whitelist stuff is covered in FAQ item #4.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Josh Marinacci <joshua@marinacci.org> wrote:
> Hi guys. I'm in the editing process with my GWT + PhoneGap book and I started to update
the instructions to work with the latest released version of Callback, 1.3.  I noticed you
don't have to manually build the Xcode template installer. That's great.  I'm a little confused
about where to put the html and javascript files, though.

> When you create a new Xcode project from the template it creates a 'www' directory *outside*
the main project directory.  This 'www' dir is not visible from within Xcode. To make it
work I had to manually add the directory using 'Add Files…' and tell it to 'Create folder
references for any added folders'.   Is this the correct way to do things? Is there a way
to make this part be already done when you use the template?

> Also, as a longer term question, I noticed that I can't access a 3rd party web service
without modifying the whitelist.  Is this documented on the PhoneGap site or should someone
know about this from Apple's docs?  I think most of my readers will not come from an Obj-C
background so we want them to be able to get up and running with as little Apple specific
knowledge as possible.