From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject IRC - name change and logging
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:26:04 GMT
Whoever set up the #callback and #callback-dev channels at freenode should
change them to #cordova*.  Also, I don't think we really need #cordova,
just #cordova-dev, since we're not intending on pointing users of cordova
to cordova, just contributors (for now anyway).

I'd also like to see the IRC logged, if anyone knows the foo for this.  But
please read this [1].  It's further commentary on this blog post [2].

My understanding, based on nslater's first comment, is that

- we need to "decide" whether we want the IRC logged (a vote?)
- we need to put a permanent notice in the channel topic indicating the IRC
is logged

I'd go just a bit further and note that we should indicate the IRC is
logged (and where the log is) on any web pages where we post the
name/location of the IRC channel.

Before voting on this (sorry, not sure of the process), does someone
actually know how to set up IRC logging?  Because the point is moot if we
can't do it in the first place :-)

[1] https://gist.github.com/1389627
[2] http://www.mikealrogers.com/posts/apache-considered-harmful.html

--