From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova git repos at apache - shadowed at github
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:54:57 GMT
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 16:45, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> First cut off the top of my head:
>
> 1. I fork github.com/apache/cordova-ios
> 2. I make a few fixes and send a pull req
> 3. that pull req mails this list
> 4. ppl review it
> 5. looks good, I merge it to the apache.org git repo
> 6. changes are reflected on gh mirror
>
> Sound about right?

Yup.  How we do 5) is what we need to figure out.  What format is the
commit in, and how do we apply it to a local repo?  Or maybe it's easier
for a committer to add a remote to the contributors repo, and then just
merge at the command-line?  Once it's in a local repo, a committer can
commit it into the canonical Apache one easy-as-pie.

Also, is all the author/committer stuff maintained properly in the commit?
 Are there some commit hooks to ensure the committer is really a committer,
and that the author has signed the ICLA?  Guessing we'll have to do the
ICLA check by hand.  But it would be nice to know that the info is
maintained in the repo.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org