From Patrick Mueller <>
Subject Re: Cordova Website
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:17:24 GMT
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 09:36, Yohei Shimomae <> wrote:

> So here is a preview of the site:

Nice!  Love that it's a single page.

I've temporary put the codebase up on
> but we should setup a
> repo for that under apache-cordova and move everything there.

It appears we can edit the content by editing
cordova-website/www/template.html and then re-gen'ing.  Nice.

It turns out, we already have a "repo" for the main web site - it's an SVN
repo though [1][2].  So, here are some options, sorted in increasing levels
of pain (my opinion):

- commit your code to the SVN repo; presumably we'd essentially nullify the
"build" that's going on with whatever templating they're currently using.
 We'd be committing the actual, final, genned files into the SVN repo, and
then publishing that.  Not sure how to nullify the "build", but shouldn't
be difficult.

- move your code to a new Apache Git repo, or maybe put it in the docs
repo; I think I'd prefer to reuse docs instead of creating a new one.  When
we want to update the main site, we "build" the site into the checked out
SVN repo, then check in the SVN bits.  Still need to figure out how to
nullify the "build".

- get SVN completely out of the picture - the problem is that I have no
idea how to do this; the "front page" staging and publishing story looks
non-trivial to me; not clear how we could have it work off a Git repo
instead of SVN, have it do our build, etc.  Maybe it's trivial, maybe it's
unpossible; I have no idea.

I'd be happy to figure out the staging and publishing steps for the first
two options.  I don't have the time or patience for the third option.

Patrick Mueller