From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject help with Cordova doc on the apache web (Was: Hello)
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:23:30 GMT
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 09:39, zoe slattery <aparachic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi - I was looking at your web site yesterday and wondering if I could
> help at all? I just talked to Pat and we kicked a few ideas around which we
> agreed to summarise on the list.

I think I'm most interested in figuring out how we're going to put what
content where.

For example, the PhoneGap API doc [1] seems like something we'd like "at
Apache".  But where?  The CMS?  The wiki?

Let's assume it's the CMS.  And that we will continue to programmatically
generate the API doc.  What does that process look like?  doc maintained in
git, then a build process pulls that, runs it's build, then publishes to
the CMS.  Do we have to go through SVN, the staging server, and then the
actual server?

Lots of low-level questions, obviously :-)

Looking at a higher-level, perhaps we should just figuring out:

1) what the options are for publishing content at Apache
2) figure out what content we actually want at Apache

For 1), I know about wikis and the CMS.  That's it, right?  I guess we need
to factor in that we still ship doc in the releases as well.

For 2) we can start by doing an inventory of current phonegap.com pages to
see what we want moved over.  And making sure we can copy it over, legally.
 Do we want to export the current wiki [2] over as a snapshot?

[1] http://docs.phonegap.com/en/1.3.0/index.html
[2] http://wiki.phonegap.com/

--
Patrick Mueller