From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: review weinre NOTICE file
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:44:07 GMT
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 14:08, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jetty is a weird beast.  It was at Apache for a while, then moved to
> Eclipse; maybe it's at both; perhaps I can root around and find the Apache
> version somewhere.

So, my recollection of Jetty living one time at Apache was wrong, I think.
 It was at CodeHaus, then moved to Eclipse.  From previous experience, I
remembered that Apache Geronimo was using Jetty, so looked to see what they
did.  if you search on their current LICENSE file [1], and if you search on
the string "Eclipse Public", and then scroll down, you'll see that they've
included the EPLv1 and listed the same bits of Jetty that I use (packaged a
little differently).  One thing I'll have to do is stop redistributing the
jetty source code [2], which I did just to make debugging easier.

PS3. I notice the reference to UnixCrypt. Can you check whether it
> falls within the requirements of the export control laws as described
> in http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html?

Ugg.  This seems like a load of work for something I don't even use - I
don't actually make use of any of the crypto that Jetty ships.

I'm thinking here of surgically altering the jetty.jar to remove the
UnixCrypt.class file.  That means I don't have to worry about crypto
anymore, but do have to somehow mention that I've surgically altered the
jetty.jar to remove something.  Kosher?

[1]: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/LICENSE
[2]: http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

--