From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Your coding practices and documentation are not done well.
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:26:34 GMT
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 15:03, Peter Ehrlich <peter.i.ehrlich@gmail.com>wrote:

> The bottom line is that I think the product you're all working so hard to
> produce would benefit strongly from a concentrated focus on cross-team
> communication/synchronization, documentation, and cross-platform
> documentation.  (Or maybe I'm just a pampered Rails developer?)  I might
> even suggest moving from the existing wiki system to the github one, so as
> users will be encouraged to contribue through having existing accounts.
> --Peter

I think providing more documentation, especially regarding
platform-specific issues (whitelists, etc), is something we should be
doing.  Could you open a bug?

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB

In terms of engaging more folks to help with the documentation, there are
three different ways I see us providing doc at Apache:

- the main site: http://incubator.apache.org/callback/ (will be renamed
cordova some day)
- documentation shipped with releases
- the wiki: (does not yet exist AFAIK)

For the first two items, my understanding is that only committers will be
able to author that.  The wiki is a little looser, but I don't completely
understand the rules yet.

We currently have shadows of the git repos at apache, at GitHub.  Here's
the doc project, which contains the documentation shipped with the releases:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-docs

We are still working out the process for how to accept commits from folks;
you would need to an have an ICLA on file -
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt , but we're hoping you can fork the
GitHub repo, and somehow issue a pull request to make a contribution.

For now, opening a bug up on "improve documentation" with as much
excruciating detail as you are willing to give us, would be quite useful.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org