From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: review weinre NOTICE file
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:51:06 GMT
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:44, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking here of surgically altering the jetty.jar to remove the
> UnixCrypt.class file.  That means I don't have to worry about crypto
> anymore, but do have to somehow mention that I've surgically altered the
> jetty.jar to remove something.  Kosher?

Another obvious option is to just stop reshipping Jetty.  I'd continue to
ship a weinre.jar file, but not include the Jetty bits; I could point to a
Jetty page that would tell you how to download Jetty, and show the
incantation to run it.  Basically, it goes from:

   java -jar path/to/weinre.jar [options]

to something like

   java -cp path/to/jetty.jar -jar path/to/weinre.jar [options]

(or similar).

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org