From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CPL compatible with Apache?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 15:36:37 GMT
On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 13:30, Andrew Lunny <alunny@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 December 2011 16:20, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 30, 2011 11:32 PM, "Andrew Lunny" <alunny@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Does anyone know if the JUnit jar is safe to redistribute with Apache
> > > products? It is under the Common Public License, available here:
> > > https://github.com/KentBeck/junit/blob/master/LICENSE
>

> > In this case you will find that the CPL is permitted in binary form with
> > appropriate labelling.

Quick note, which I don't believe is applicable to JUnit, but may be
applicable to other things.

As I was investigating the CPL issue w/r/t Eclipse SWT, I came to the same
conclusion as Ross mentioned.  You can ship binaries with appropriate
labelling.  Unfortunately, as I dug deeper into the issue, I found that the
SWT code actually has additional license goop associated with it, for some
of the platforms (eg, MPL for the linux version, IIRC).  "It's
complicated".  :-)

I've decided that I can live without the Eclipse SWT code for the time
being.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org