From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova git repos at apache - shadowed at github
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:09:57 GMT
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 14:22, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> 1. can we be org members w/ the apache mirror, comment, admin, etc w/
> the same capabilities provided by having our own org?  do we maintain
> the mechanism for pull reqs and review? not clear on this yet. who
> maintains the github.com/apache owners list?

My thinking is that we have no presence at GitHub except the shadows that
Apache maintains.  It would be nice if folks, including us, can fork those
and work out of them if there are GitHub-y things we want to do with our
forks.  That would include pull requests doing something interesting.

2. brand identity and findability, should we not have the expected url
> at github even if its just s squat repo to point ppl in the right
> direction? there are *many* github.com/apache repos and cordova stuff
> is kinda lost in the noise.

Apache is the brand, no?  :-)  FIndability is already pretty good:

    https://github.com/search?q=cordova
    https://www.google.com/search?q=apache+cordova

I'm not actually against having an org at GitHub, but having more GitHub
repo shadows of Apache is hopefully not needed at all.  So what can we do
with an org that doesn't maintain shadows of the Apache repos?

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org