From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject NOTICE file for iOS
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:40:37 GMT
I've been working on updating the iOS files with the Apache header.  I have gotten through
most of the files in the classes directory (except for the ones in the cleaver and deprecated
groups) but havn't committed them yet.

I had a few questions about the NOTICE file.   The doc indicates that I should include any
removed copyrights from files that are now checked in with the Apache notice.    Here is a
example of what I put into NOTICE for one of the files that did not have the "standard", previous
license blurb.

Copyright notices moved from source files submitted to the ASF:

PhoneGapLib/classes/Notification.*
	//  Created by Michael Nachbaur on 16/04/09.
	//  Copyright 2009 Decaf Ninja Software. All rights reserved.

Basically, I took the existing header/license from the Notification.* files and put it into
the NOTICE file.  Is this correct?  I have a bit more concerns with Reachability.* as they
have long Apple copyrights - https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-ios.git;a=blob;f=PhoneGapLib/Classes/Reachability.h;h=97633087de788b9bd0cfcddd3fa638cc19a821d1;hb=HEAD

And for JSON/JSONKit.* I just replaced the existing license since it was already the Apache
text and did not make an entry in the NOTICE file:  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-ios.git;a=blob_plain;f=PhoneGapLib/Classes/JSON/JSONKit.h;hb=HEAD

I just wanted to verify that this was the correct approach before committing NOTICE for cordova-ios.

thanks,
-becky