From Yohei Shimomae <yo...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: artwork for cordova
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 21:34:00 GMT
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

For consistency, I think we should just stick to one logo, and the robot one seemed to be
more popular so this is what I propose:
http://cl.ly/1L1b421B3F0X2R3j0O29

Thanks for the guidelines Jukka. Let me know if this meets Apache's branding requirement (I
did not put the feathre in there).

On 2012-01-11, at 3:17 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

Hi,

Nice progress here!

While working on the graphics, please keep in mind Apache's project
branding guidelines [1], especially the section on logos and other
graphics [2].

It's also a common pattern, though not a requirement, for a project
logo that includes the project name in text to contain also the
"Apache" prefix, often in a less emphasized font. For examples, see
[3], [4], and [5]. For the street sign idea this could be a "city" or
"neighborhood" name included in the sign.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#graphics
[3] http://geronimo.apache.org/
[4] http://felix.apache.org/