From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Playbook code merge discussion
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 23:47:33 GMT
Thanks indeed! That fixed phonegap on a real playbook. Merged now. Werd.

Funny how it still worked on the simulator... ? Would love to figure that
one out :P

P.S. Loading the playbook-specific phonegap.js from a subdirectory does
*not* work for me, I have to put that file in the root of the webworks
archive. Weird eh?

On 11-12-21 7:40 AM, "Gord Tanner" <gord@tinyhippos.com> wrote:

>Issued a pull request to fix the playbook support in 1.3.
>
>https://github.com/callback/callback-blackberry/pull/14
>Looks like there was a small merge issue that broke it.  Thanks to Jeffrey
>Heifetz for finding and fixing this.
>
>Gord
>
>On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Michael Brooks
><michael@michaelbrooks.ca>wrote:
>

>> > Once deployed to an actual Playbook, callback tests and even the
>>sample
>> > app don't run at all. Identical code working fine on the simulator.
>>Crap
>> :/
>>

>> Ouch.
>>
>> I remember kicking up the sample application on my PlayBook and seeing
>>the
>> confirm dialog. So, you may want to double check the application on a
>> production PlayBook.
>>
>> Regardless, until we can test further, I agree that we shouldn't claim
>> PlayBook support. *sad panda*
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> 2011/12/18 Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com>
>>
>> > Well, regarding PlayBook support I spoke too soon.
>> >
>> > I ended up resuscitating the discharged Playbook I had by a
>>combination
>> of
>> > hard resets and firmware reloads. Wasn't easy!
>> >
>> > Once deployed to an actual Playbook, callback tests and even the
>>sample
>> > app don't run at all. Identical code working fine on the simulator.
>>Crap
>> :/
>> >
>> > I hooked up the built-in Web Inspector support on the PlayBook (which
>>is
>> > rad, btw) but can't really tell what is going on other than some of
>>the
>> > built-in system foreground/background callbacks were throwing an
>> > exception. This isn't any of our code, so I can't see the source that
>>is
>> > causing the exception, I can only try to catch uncaught exceptions in
>>web
>> > inspector and deduce what is going on that way... So, yeah, not much
>>can
>> > be discerned. So Inspector just ends up reporting "TypeError: Result
>>of
>> > expression 'response' [null] is not an object."
>> >
>> > I think until I can figure out/set myself up on how to debug the
>>native
>> > extensions on the PB and find out what is breaking stuff on the actual
>> > device, we shouldn't claim any Playbook support...

> [...]
tests: pretty much
>>all
>> of
to the File API,

> [...]