From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Playbook code merge discussion
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 00:29:40 GMT
Well, regarding PlayBook support I spoke too soon.

I ended up resuscitating the discharged Playbook I had by a combination of
hard resets and firmware reloads. Wasn't easy!

Once deployed to an actual Playbook, callback tests and even the sample
app don't run at all. Identical code working fine on the simulator. Crap :/

I hooked up the built-in Web Inspector support on the PlayBook (which is
rad, btw) but can't really tell what is going on other than some of the
built-in system foreground/background callbacks were throwing an
exception. This isn't any of our code, so I can't see the source that is
causing the exception, I can only try to catch uncaught exceptions in web
inspector and deduce what is going on that way... So, yeah, not much can
be discerned. So Inspector just ends up reporting "TypeError: Result of
expression 'response' [null] is not an object."

I think until I can figure out/set myself up on how to debug the native
extensions on the PB and find out what is breaking stuff on the actual
device, we shouldn't claim any Playbook support...

On 11-12-18 2:10 PM, "Filip Maj" <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

>Hey all
>
>Merge looks fine. Works well on the smartphone. Can't test on a playbook
>device (waiting on signing keys) but I will once I get them. In any case,
>pretty much everything but the File API was working fine on the playbook
>sim.
>
>Still some issues to work out but they are documented. Based on the issue
>tracker we've got some work to do in 2012!
>
>On 11-12-17 11:49 AM, "Drew Walters" <purdrew@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Thanks. That's awesome. Good luck.
>>On Dec 17, 2011 1:41 PM, "Filip Maj" <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Shit my bad guys.
>>>
>>> I'll merge the two pull requests shortly and re-test using the "manual"
>>> tests that are present in callback-test.
>>>
>>> If everything is cool then I'll retag.

>>>change.
>>>API.

>>><michael@michaelbrooks.ca>