From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Playbook code merge discussion
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 23:38:40 GMT
One more note on the PlayBook failing tests: pretty much all of the
failing tests on PlayBook are related to the File API, which I seem to
recall the RIM calls explicitly telling me when they were working on it...

APIs such as GPS, Accel, Network, Notification, Contacts all seem to be
working according to the tests.

So, once more, in terms of release notes for 1.3 maybe we can say "Basic
Playbook support, minus the File API" ?

On 11-12-16 3:34 PM, "Filip Maj" <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>Quick update on the state of the BB implementations for 1.3.
>
>1.3.0rc2 currently has approximately 95% of the PhoneGap API tests passing
>on the smartphone, and just over half passing on the PlayBook simulator. I
>don't have a working PlayBook device so rocking the sim - which may not be
>giving us a true reflection of the state of callback/cordova on the
>playbook.
>
>So, obviously some issues on the playbook that I am working through to
>document and fix, but no regressions on the smartphone.
>
>Is that good to tag? I'll be documenting both smartphone and playbook
>issues. Marketing/release notes-wise, can we label 1.3.0 as having "basic
>PlayBook support", or what do we do with respect to that?
>
>On 11-12-15 1:30 PM, "Filip Maj" <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>>Drew, thanks for the clarification. I am going to double-check both
>>playbook and smartphone implementations and make sure we are golden
>>before
>>tomorrow.
>>
>>On 11-12-15 8:59 AM, "Drew Walters" <deedubbu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Ok, I've submitted two pull requests which resolve numbers 3 and 4 from
>>>my list:
>>>
>>>3. Restore camera and capture native functionality.
>>>    https://github.com/callback/callback-blackberry/pull/13
>>>
>>>4. Delete duplicate blackberry.identity and blackberry.system feature
>>>ids in config.xml.
>>>    https://github.com/callback/callback-blackberry/pull/12
>>>
>>>I tested them on OS 5 and OS 6.  I did not merge them because I did
>>>not test on Playbook.  They are both trivial changes but would like
>>>someone else to verify to make sure I haven't broken Playbook.

API. At

code, but we
for compiling,

instead of