From Steven Gill <stev...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: 1.3 Release
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:52:45 GMT
Tagged Symbian, webOS and Bada to 1.3.0rc2. Just missing iOS and PG-docs
now. I believe this means we are in the code freeze/testing process and
are on schedule to release this Friday!

Thanks to the commit logs + Shaz & Jesse, I have compiled a change log I
will include when I package up 1.3. Take a quick read through and feel
free to add/change anything.

I am also going to be updating
http://wiki.phonegap.com/w/page/28291160/roadmap-planning and going to try
and make it the de-facto place for what features are coming in future
releases. If anyone wants to help out, feel free to jump in. Great way to
get involved in the project even if you are not working on the source code.

-Steve

General
* PhoneGap issue tracker moved to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB
* Callback being renamed to Cordova

Blackberry
* Added support for Playbook
* Updated PluginResult Exceptions to use latest naming scheme.
* Fixed a memory leak issue with WebWorks
* Added Lifecycle changes and app.js functionalitly
* Added activity and progress notification functionality

Android
* Added download method to filetransfer
* made getEntry of FileUtils public in order to avoid duplicate code in
FileTransfer
* FileTransfer returns JSONObject with code, source and target for upload
and download
* Fix for CB-17: WebView caching resized pictures
*       Fix for issue #281 of phonegap/phonegap-android: Detect for
localStorage if Java has disabled it
* Fix for phonegap-android issue #261: Wrong application scale
* Fix for Issue #33: onReceivedError incorrectly sets openExternal to true
* Remove addWhiteList from public API
* Remove WebViewReflect.java from Android
* Fix for CB-104: Capture not returning an error code on cancel
* Changed createCaptureFile to explicitly check for PNG and to throw an
IllegalArgumentException if it is not a JPEG nor a PNG
* Change based on new message passing API in IPlugin *needs claification*
* Remove PhoneGap.stringify, replace with JSON.stringify
* Fixed: Don't fire resume upon init - only when returning from background
* Fixed: Backbutton should go back in appview history before going back in
our history stack.
* Added onMessage(id, data) to the plugin API
* Deprecated addService().
* Refactored the backHistory() code so calling navigator.app.backHistory()
has consistent behavior with the backbutton
* Added onload attribute to plugin in plugins.xml to create the plugin at
load time instead of lazy loading
* Fixed bug with showing loadingDialog property.
* Fixed Issue #23 - Crash when using splash screen.
* Changed API to postMessage() to call a plugin's onMessage() method.
* Optimized enumerations

Windows
* bug-fixes for XHR requests to local file system, especially important
for jQuery Mobile apps
* bug-fixes for issues with File API and persistence
* getting started guides, documentation updates, wiki updates
* improvements for plugin architecture (plugin can come from any assembly)
* Added plugins!
     * FaceBook connect ( full graph API available to your phonegap app,
consistent with the Android+iOS versions of the plugin )
     * ChildBrowser
     * PGSocialShare ( status updates + links to linkedIn, Twitter,
WindowsLive + Facebook )
     * PGMapLauncher - get directions to/from a location, or search near a
location using BingMaps

iOS
* Added download method to filetransfer, interface is the same like on
Android
* When playing audio from remote URL, stop as soon as download fails and
make loading cacheable.
* Fixed #197 errors on repeated getCurrentPosition calls. If the location
services were off when getCurrentPosition was called, turn them off again
after the position is received.
* Don't force an orientation change unless the current orientation is
unsupported
* Fixed callback/callback-ios#15 - Xcode 3.2.6 Linker error when Build for
Active Architecture Only = YES
* Fixed callback/callback-ios#23 - on app resume, it always throws either
an offline/online event even though the online state never changed
* Fixed warning - implicit conversion of UIInterfaceOrientation to
UIDeviceOrientation (which are equivalent, for the two Portraits and two
Landscape orientations)
* Fixed callback/callback-ios#22 - Removed unused DetectPhoneNumber and
EnableAcceleration values in PhoneGap.plist
* Fixed CB-96 PGWhitelist does not handle IPv4 host addresses with
wild-cards
* Added 'resign' and 'active' lifecycle events.

On 11-12-12 8:40 PM, "Filip Maj" <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

>BlackBerry tagged 1.3.0rc2
>
>On 11-12-12 8:12 PM, "Jesse" <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Windows Phone repo is tagged 1.3.0rc2
>>

>>On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Simon MacDonald
>><simon.macdonald@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I just tagged Android to 1.3.0rc2 which is basically unchanged from
>>> 1.3.0rc1. I'm going to send out my rough test plan either later today
>>> or early tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Simon Mac Donald
>>> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

>>>going