From Filip Maj <>
Subject Re: Add download to FileTransfer
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 19:26:32 GMT
What API changes would this introduce? Something like additional property
on the FileTransferOptions object?

I agree that this should be incorporated as well.

If everyone is in agreement on this and we can figure out the specific
changes to the API, then after that we can create issues for the various
platforms *as well as* for callback-js and the docs!

On 11-12-05 8:11 AM, "Simon MacDonald" <> wrote:

>Hey Alex,
>We are glad to have another developer on board and thanks for contributing
>your code to the FileTransfer class. I know that adding the support to
>download binary files had been on my to do list for awhile. Now that we've
>merged your code into Android and iOS we can take a look at doing
>BlackBerry and WP7. It might not make it in time for the 1.3 release on
>16th but this is something we want in PhoneGap for sure.
>Drew do you think you can take a look at the Android implementation with
>eye on adding it to BlackBerry? It should be very similar as they are both
>Java based.
>Jesse, do you think you'll have time to do a similar implementation for
>Simon Mac Donald
>On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Alexander Heinrich <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> first I want to introduce myself a little, because I'm very new here.
>> My name is Alex and I'm living in Berlin, Germany. I'm a 28 years old
>> Freelancer and enthusiastic PhoneGap-user! So I hope, I can help you a
>> little with this great project ;-)
>> Some time ago I wrote a plugin for downloading binary files with
>> for iOS and Android. Simon now asked me to add it to the FileTransfer
>> class. That's what I have done. I think it would be great if this
>> would be available on all plattforms. What do you think? Do you have any
>> suggestions what could be done better/different?
>> You can find it here (the branch is called "download"):
>> Bye,
>> Alex
>> --
>> Alexander Heinrich