From Olivier Brand <oliv...@passbox.com>
Subject Adding basic auth to DroidGap
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:39:33 GMT
Hi there,

new in the dev list. We are working on our next product iteration on
Android 3.2/GalaxyTab. As Android (as well as IOS) are lacking of OTA
update capabilities (e.g. OMA DM...), we are moving away from thick/native
app to cloud based.
In order to achieve this, we are hosting all the assets in our cloud based
environment (AWS). All our resources are basic auth/https secured.
In order to support the loadURL on a basic auth page, I has to modify the
DroidGap class and add the necessary handler. I have added public methods
to set a login, password and an optional salt.
I was wondering if there are any interest in adding this in the framework?
If so, I could possibly provide a solution for IOS as well (I have more
expertise in IOS).
I am also writing lots of plugins (MAC Address, string.xml resource
retrieval,...) and one I am finishing: load, caching and serving cached
resources via an Android ContentHandler class. I am especially using it to
load remote flash animations and sounds.

Could someone direct me to a doc explaining the process for submitting
code? I am new to Apache. I have also signed the contributor agreement
today and submitted it.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

--