From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: Playbook code merge discussion
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:55:47 GMT

> Once deployed to an actual Playbook, callback tests and even the sample
> app don't run at all. Identical code working fine on the simulator. Crap :/

Ouch.

I remember kicking up the sample application on my PlayBook and seeing the
confirm dialog. So, you may want to double check the application on a
production PlayBook.

Regardless, until we can test further, I agree that we shouldn't claim
PlayBook support. *sad panda*

Michael

2011/12/18 Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com>

> Well, regarding PlayBook support I spoke too soon.
>
> I ended up resuscitating the discharged Playbook I had by a combination of
> hard resets and firmware reloads. Wasn't easy!
>
> Once deployed to an actual Playbook, callback tests and even the sample
> app don't run at all. Identical code working fine on the simulator. Crap :/
>
> I hooked up the built-in Web Inspector support on the PlayBook (which is
> rad, btw) but can't really tell what is going on other than some of the
> built-in system foreground/background callbacks were throwing an
> exception. This isn't any of our code, so I can't see the source that is
> causing the exception, I can only try to catch uncaught exceptions in web
> inspector and deduce what is going on that way... So, yeah, not much can
> be discerned. So Inspector just ends up reporting "TypeError: Result of
> expression 'response' [null] is not an object."
>
> I think until I can figure out/set myself up on how to debug the native
> extensions on the PB and find out what is breaking stuff on the actual
> device, we shouldn't claim any Playbook support...
>
> On 11-12-18 2:10 PM, "Filip Maj" <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>
> >Hey all
> >
> >Merge looks fine. Works well on the smartphone. Can't test on a playbook
> >device (waiting on signing keys) but I will once I get them. In any case,
> >pretty much everything but the File API was working fine on the playbook
> >sim.
> >
> >Still some issues to work out but they are documented. Based on the issue
> >tracker we've got some work to do in 2012!
> >
> >On 11-12-17 11:49 AM, "Drew Walters" <purdrew@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Thanks. That's awesome. Good luck.

API, which I

Contacts all