From Jukka Zitting <>
Subject Re: Callback CCLA questions
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:57:38 GMT

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Patrick Mueller <> wrote:
> How do we turn "contributors" into "committers"?

for the procedure to follow.

Typically anyone who's been around for a while and earned enough merit
through at least a few good contributions will be granted
committership in a project. See for
some background.

In the end it's up to each project to decide on the level of
contributions they expect before granting someone committership.
Sometimes that expectation and related processes are formalized in
written project bylaws, but often they're just an informal tradition
within the project, ultimately expressed as the subjective decisions
of each PMC member when nominating and voting for new committers.

PS. Strictly speaking the roles and responsibilities of committers [1]
and (P)PMC members [2] are different, but most Apache projects have
all committers also as PMC members to avoid extra boundaries within
the project. Thus my recommendation is for Cordova to grant also PPMC
membership to all new committers.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message