From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject CordovaView?? - A proof of concept of making a custom Android View with Cordova Web APIs exposed
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 00:34:10 GMT
Hey

I've been working on a refactor of Cordova, and I now have a
proof-of-concept in my personal GitHub called PhoneGapView.  I'm going to
rename it Cordova once we rename everything, but if you want to check out
where things are at, here's the code:

https://github.com/infil00p/callback-android/tree/phonegapview

Also, here's the repository of the PhoneGapView-Test, with test code:

https://github.com/infil00p/PhoneGapView-Test

What works:

   - Everything that doesn't require an activity, except for the
   whitelisting functionality

What doesn't work:

   - Menu Button and Back Event - Because this is a View and not an
   Activity, it does not handle the menu button or back event when it is used
   in the activity
   - Camera and Capture - These are Intents based, which means that they
   can launch the intent for a result, but once they get back to PhoneGap,
   they won't be able to do anything without some code to handle the response.
    This code belonged to the activity that we were implementing.

What remains to be tested:

   - Whitelisting: I've added it to PhoneGapView, but I haven't tested it
   yet, this may still break

If people could check out this branch and provide feedback on the new
approach, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Joe