From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject 1.3 Release
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 20:44:13 GMT
Hey all,

For the upcoming 1.3 release can we throw down a few dates? Our last
release, 1.2, was tagged and released the same day. I can't say for certain
but I'm guessing the rush was to get it out before the Adobe announcement
but we are lucky we didn't have major problems with that release as we were
a bit light on end to end testing.

Since we are thinking about releasing 1.3 on December 16th I thought I'd
work back a bit to identify some milestones.

Dec 5th - Tag all repos as 1.3.0_rc1
Dec 12th - Tag all repos as 1.3.0_rc2 and implement a code freeze
Dec 13th - Dec 14th - testing, testing, testing
Dec 15th - Tag all repos as 1.3.0
Dec 16th - package and release PhoneGap 1.3

Basically we shouldn't be adding new code the week of the 12th unless we
have broken something that we discover doing regression testing.

These are only suggestions folks but what do you think about a little more
process this time around?

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald