From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Apache CLA: Documentation Contributors
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 21:09:29 GMT
On 17 December 2011 18:48, Michael Brooks <michael@michaelbrooks.ca> wrote:
> Can you please briefly explain our stance on signing the Apache CLA for
> contributions to Callback-Docs?

Documentation that is delivered from ASF hardware and/or as part of a
release is treated the same way as code. What this means is that
significant contributions will require an iCLA.

The exception to this is documentation that is publicly editable such
as a wiki. However, such documentation cannot be a part of a release.

> The documentation is a set of markdown files. Some contributions are minor
> edits for accuracy, while other contributions will translate the English
> documentation to another language (extremely large commit that touches or
> creates many files).

With respect to translations see the access levels defined for (our
brand spanking new) Pootle server:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/translate+pootle+service+auth+levels

Ross

--