From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Callback CCLA questions
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:39:04 GMT
On Dec 15, 2011 2:18 PM, "Ken Wallis" <kwallis@rim.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ross.  I will follow this up with you offline and with the
appropriate people here.

> That said, what are the requirements on contributions from outside the
committers group?  That is currently where Gord and I fall.

For contributions that don't contain significant IP you would issue a pull
request and a committer would integrate into the tree. However, if you
don't have permission to contribute its on your head to make that pull
request (which implies permission to use the code is given).

If you, our the committers, feel there is significant IP that you do not
own then we have a problem.

Moving forward if your employer wants to see you increase your engagement
with the project we will need to educate then on what it means to give
permission to contribute.

Ross

ICLA