From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: multiple issue trackers - apache jira, github callback, etc
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 10:36:54 GMT
On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> An update: I contacted Github about whether it is possible to have the
> Github issue tracker "read-only" and this was the reply:
>
> "That's not possible currently, the issue track is either enabled and
> read-write or completely disabled and hidden."
>
> So, links to closed issues will 404 unfortunately...

That's an interesting example of the downsides of having important
project information stored on systems than we don't control - it would
be good for the project to make that tracker read-only, it's not
possible and there's nothing we can do about it.

It would be interesting to see if they allow you to make a copy of
those issues' pages and serve that copy from an ASF server, as a
read-only archive. In other words, is the content yours or theirs?

-Bertrand