From Gord Tanner <>
Subject Re: CommonJS and AMD (and, not or)
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:09:51 GMT
So I ported callback-js to use almond but it is still using the custom
builder code.

It was very nice that I could switch this out with no update to any of the

Patrick: Would be cool if you could update this to use r.js if it is

With my quick experience with almond I have to say I really like what I am
seeing and I think it will help us out a lot and give the ability to have
plugin's authored in both commonJS and AMD module definitions. (unless I am
misunderstanding something).

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Patrick Mueller <> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 11:20, Gord Tanner <> wrote:
> > I am switching out browser-require for require.js in a branch today to
> see
> > what this would feel like for a developer.
> >
> > I have no preference as to which module system we use so I am going to
> give
> > this a go today to learn AMD modules / requireJS and get a feel for how
> it
> > would look in phonegap.js development.
> >
> I assume you are going to use the big requirejs, which includes dynamically
> take whatever you do, and see how to fit almond into the picture for a
> single cat'd file.  Just point me to your repo ...
> --
> Patrick Mueller

Gord Tanner
Senior Developer / Code Poet