From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [iOS] Halting iOS 3.x and iOS < 4.2 support
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 18:24:05 GMT
I know that decisions need to be made on the mailing list but I
believe jira has a voting feature as well for issues (and you could
see who voted), so I don't know if that can be an avenue if all it
needs is an informal consensus.

I'll post something in the Google Group later today regarding this move.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Becky Gibson <gibson.becky@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree as well.  Should we target 1.4 as the release to remove 1.3 support?
> What is the best way to announce this and gather more feedback?   It has
> been posted in callback-dev but I think we should post in the phonegap
> google group as well to give people warning and give folks a chance to
> object (and provide a valid reason to continue support <4.2).
>
> Do we also need to have a formal apache vote?
>
> thanks,
> -becky
>
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-93
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Dave Johnson <dave.c.johnson@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I think this is a good idea. We could just create a permanent < 4.2
>> > branch in case people still want to use / develop for it.

>> http://www.marco.org/2011/08/13/instapaper-ios-device-and-version-stats-update

>> http://www.mobilexweb.com/blog/safari-ios-accelerometer-websockets-html5
APIs

April