From Brian>
Subject Re: Callback-test a.k.a. mobile spec
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:45:26 GMT
I wonder, would it not be (more) appropriate to add these as a part of

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Filip Maj <> wrote:
> I'm taking a gander at the repo and trying to figure out what's what – it's changed
since I last remember it :D
> I'm figuring out what the process is for adding a new API or tweaking one. Last I brought
this up on the list I think Dave said "update the spec, then add docs" as the process. Once
that is done then I guess we file issues for each implementation? If that is the case we need
a new component in Apache JIRA so we can track callback-test / mobile-spec issues as well
in that case (who can help with this?)
> As for the repo itself, looks like we have a bunch of manual test pages at the root,
then we have the actual qunit tests under autotest.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand now we'll have to do two things if we
are adding a new feature or whatever to the phonegap/callback/cordova API:
>  *   Add a "manual" test for it so we can run through the motions on device
>  *   Add a qunit test if possible
> So if, for example, we added say Web Intent support to PhoneGap/Cordova/WebKeg, I would
add a manual test which I could then load up on my device and check it works, as well as a
qunit test at least checking for the existence of the proper functions and whatnot.
> Am I getting all of this right? Anything else that needs to change for this process?
> I think the tests are a bit behind right now (a little neglected) as I noticed the docs
had stuff the tests did not. I want to fix that.

View raw message