From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CommonJS and AMD (and, not or)
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:11:07 GMT
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 14:09, Gord Tanner <gord@tinyhippos.com> wrote:

> So I ported callback-js to use almond but it is still using the custom
> builder code.
>
> https://github.com/gtanner/callback-js/tree/almond
>
> It was very nice that I could switch this out with no update to any of the
> modules.

Excellent.

> Patrick: Would be cool if you could update this to use r.js if it is
> possible.

I'm not familiar with r.js; I believe I offered to port a requirejs-ish
flavored piece of work to almond.  Almond is the only AMD impl I'm familiar
with, and only one I want to be familiar with :-)  Someone interested in
dynamically loading AMD modules should probably take a look.

> With my quick experience with almond I have to say I really like what I am
> seeing and I think it will help us out a lot and give the ability to have
> plugin's authored in both commonJS and AMD module definitions. (unless I am
> misunderstanding something).

I concur

--
Patrick Mueller