From Ken Wallis <kwal...@rim.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Switching out Channel's in callback-js for an event module
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 23:17:27 GMT
Haven't checked it out at all, but does it have any additional baggage?  I guess the comment
that we would need to stub out some stuff makes me think that it might?

----- Original Message -----
From: Patrick Mueller [mailto:pmuellr@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 05:50 PM
To: callback-dev@incubator.apache.org <callback-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Switching out Channel's in callback-js for an event module

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 17:11, Gord Tanner <gtanner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Key point is I like the eventEmitter idea better.

So, a basic question that springs to mind is: can we just use Node's
EventEmitter?

IIRC, I actually managed to get Node's EventEmitter class to run
successfully in the browser; no code changes required, I don't think.
But likely stubbing out some module pre-reqs from Node.  Work was done
here, I can resurrect it if we want to look into it.

    https://github.com/pmuellr/lumpgap

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org