From Josh Marinacci <jos...@marinacci.org>
Subject iPhone project in version 1.3
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 20:09:04 GMT
Hi guys. I'm in the editing process with my GWT + PhoneGap book and I started to update the
instructions to work with the latest released version of Callback, 1.3.  I noticed you don't
have to manually build the Xcode template installer. That's great.  I'm a little confused
about where to put the html and javascript files, though.

When you create a new Xcode project from the template it creates a 'www' directory *outside*
the main project directory.  This 'www' dir is not visible from within Xcode. To make it work
I had to manually add the directory using 'Add Files…' and tell it to 'Create folder references
for any added folders'.   Is this the correct way to do things? Is there a way to make this
part be already done when you use the template?

Also, as a longer term question, I noticed that I can't access a 3rd party web service without
modifying the whitelist.  Is this documented on the PhoneGap site or should someone know about
this from Apple's docs?  I think most of my readers will not come from an Obj-C background
so we want them to be able to get up and running with as little Apple specific knowledge as
possible.

Thanks,
Josh

--