From Laurent Hasson <lhas...@rim.com>
Subject RE: finding a new name that isn't PhoneGap
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 18:52:24 GMT
I personally like more generic and unique names that aren't tied to a particular technology
at all (i.e., Tomcat). Not only does technology move fast, but it's also better from a Web
search point of view. The brand will build on it by itself as we deliver a great solution
(look at "Amazon" starting as a book store and evolving to what it is now).

I am thinking ancient names that are related to "gap". For example, Icarus, Babel, Styx, Bia...
There are also names associated to fragmentation, or entropy.

Thank you
- LDH (Laurent Hasson)                         -
- Technical Director, BlackBerry Web Platform  -
- Research In Motion                           -
- Email: lhasson@rim.com                       -
- Mobile: 646-460-7066                         -
"Ha ha ha... He doesn't know how to use the three seashells!" - Erwin

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Grobmeier [mailto:grobmeier@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 2:21 PM
To: callback-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: finding a new name that isn't PhoneGap

When I read your messages and saw the name "Yaya" I immediately
thought on "Mobi Dick". But given the fact that the meaning of the
second part of this name has probably changed a bit since 1850, it it
is not a good choice :-) Anyway, a Whale as mascot would be cool.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

and may be unlawful.