From Andrew Lunny <alu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unified phonegap javascript layer incorperating modules / plugins
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 06:59:58 GMT
What's the reasoning behind developing this as a Node module?

Node's great but I'm not sure if it's the best suited tool for this job -
is it worth considering using AMD modules with existing script
loaders/preprocessors? The JavaScript layer of PhoneGap/Callback is a
client-side application, so I'd be in favour of going with the grain of
existing client-side module solutions (requirejs, based on dojo modules,
being the most prominent one).

(hope to have some time to protoype something based on Gord's work, with
AMD instead, in the next couple of weeks, but I'm curious what the other
devs' thoughts are)