From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plans for migrating to SVN?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:22:35 GMT
Brian,

what you said on git is all wellknown and many agree with you.

> I have not heard any reasoning yet other than its current policy which
> I view with optimism. We will work with you to change that policy. If
> our path to doing that is getting docs written from the Couch project
> then we will immediately begin doing that / participate there. Let me
> know if we can do anything else to expedite things.

The only way to get git @ asf is to make the CouchDB experiment a success.

This includes writing guides, how git would work in our environment.
This is not trivial, be warned. Because it is not only the technical
aspect which does need to be taken care of, it is also the
social/community aspect.

You can participate and I think you guys should do, as experienced git users.

Please subscribe to dev-subscribe@couchdb.apache.org

CouchDB people already know about the ASF concerns.

See you there,
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de