From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: finding a new name that isn't PhoneGap
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 16:27:07 GMT
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Simon MacDonald
<simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, I would be remiss not to push my own suggestion one more
> time. I'd go with Apache Bifröst (complete with umlat). The Bifröst is
> a bridge in Norse mythos that connects Midgard (Earth) with Asgard
> (realm of the gods). In our connotation it would connect the native
> layer (Earth) with the web layer (realm of the gods).

I am a huge fan of norther mythology and therefore love this suggestion.

But one needs to consider that a trojan horse has been called Bifröst too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifrost_(trojan_horse)

Other spellings are Bilröst, Beberast and Ásbrú.

What comes to mind is the Ase Heimdall is protecting this bridge.
Probably Apache Heimdall would make another good one.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de