From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plans for migrating to SVN?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:52:09 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, don't you think it's a bit counterproductive to enforce the
> migration to Subversion now if it's possible that say in 2012 it might
> already be OK to use Git within the ASF? The result would be that we
> first migrate to Subversion, break history and developer tooling along
> the way, and then switch back to Git to arrive just where we started.

Actually we are returning to my original post. We don't know how long
it might take, because we have no plan. We just have thousands of
mails flying around. My suggestion is that we work on the plan, the
requirements and try to get this experiment done.

2 Phonegap devs have subscribed already to the couchdb dev list. It
would be cool if you have some cycles too to support the coach people
with the experiment. Then we are already 5 supporters (counting in
Ross and myself).

Once we have had the initial discussions we have a better clue about
how many problems we have to solve and can estimate how long it will
take (or say it will take longer than 1 year or something)

dev-subscribe@couchdb.apache.org ?

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de