From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: catchup phone call, issue gardening, group therapy session, planning and updating
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:13:56 GMT
Below are the meeting notes from today's issue gardening call.

There is also a gist rendered in markdown:
https://gist.github.com/1401833

Goals for the call
==================

- Disable issues on GitHub/PhoneGap
- Mirror issues from GitHub/Callback to JIRA
- Typical issue gardening (culling, assign, prioritize, and update)

GitHub Issues
=============

- Our users are still logging issues under GitHub instead of JIRA
- We do not want to force users to use JIRA, because they will simply stop
logging issues
- So, our maintainers will take on the responsibility of mirroring GitHub
issues on JIRA. This includes comments.
- We will need to transfer existing GitHub issues to JIRA
- Brian will be creating JIRA issues to transfer these tickets

Disabling GitHub/PhoneGap Issues
================================

- At the moment, user's are logging issues on both github.com/phonegap and
github.com/callback
- We will disable the github.com/phonegap issue tracker and make
github.com/callback the only point of entry
- Brian will create JIRA issues to do this for each platform

Platform Specific Tasks
=======================

Android
-------

- Simon has already taken care of transferring issues from GitHub

iOS
---

- JIRA issue for Shaz to transfer issues from GitHub
- Becky is not on the call, so we will not be walking through the iOS issues

BlackBerry
----------

- JIRA issue for Michael to transfer issues GitHub

WP7
---

- JIRA issue for Jesse to transfer issues GitHub

Docs
----

- Michael will move the existing GitHub issues to JIRA

Side Discussions and TODOS
==========================

Renaming GitHub repositories
----------------------------

- Hold off on renaming Cordova until it's finalized
- It's confusing enough for our users

Committers and Contributors
---------------------------

- Brian will look into how to find a list of approved committers
- Where "committers" are those who have signed the CLA
- At the moment, we aren't sure how to check if someone has signed the
Apache CLA

PhoneGap Documentation
----------------------

- In the future, we need to create code style guides for each language

White-listing
-------------

- We need to standardize the format for white-listing
- We will open up a discussion on callback-dev about the format to use
- We do not want to use a regex because each platform has a different parser

Multiple Issue Trackers

- We should kick up a discussion on callback-dev about using both GitHub
and JIRA or just JIRA
- It's difficult to maintain both, but most of our community will not be
interested in signing up for Apache Callback's JIRA to log a bug

Copyright License

- We need to remove copyright references in the license files
- Brian will follow up with our release procedure